C++ properties and observer pattern
xproperty is a C++ library providing traitlets-style properties.
xproperty provides an implementation of the observer patterns relying on C++ template and preprocessor metaprogramming techniques.
Properies of observed objects have no additional memory footprint than the value they hold. The assignment of a new value is simply replaced at compiled time by
- the call to the validator for that property
- the actual underlying assigment
- the call to the observor for that property.
We also provide the implementation of an
xobserved class whose static validator and observer are bound to a dynamic unordered map
of callbacks that can be registered dynamically.
xproperty requires a modern C++ compiler supporting C++14. The following C++ compilers are supported:
- On Windows platforms, Visual C++ 2015 Update 2, or more recent
- On Unix platforms, gcc 4.9 or a recent version of Clang
We use a shared copyright model that enables all contributors to maintain the copyright on their contributions.
This software is licensed under the BSD-3-Clause license. See the LICENSE file for details.